How to Bypass Internet Restrictions in Indonesia
In July 2022, the Indonesian government implemented a new set of regulations that restricts access to internet content. If you are a business or individual who relies on the Internet and social media for work or personal matters, then you may find Indonesia internet restrictions a challenge.
Don’t worry! In this guide, we’ll show you how to bypass Indonesia’s internet restrictions and keep your browsing habits/social media activities private.
New internet restrictions in Indonesia
Before anything else, it is well worth learning a thing or two about how the new internet restrictions will work in Indonesia. After all, the more informed you are about a problem, the easier it is to find a solution.
Here are some of the key points you need to know about Indonesia’s new internet restrictions:
- Authorities now have the power to fine or block social media networks that do not comply with government content moderation requests.
- The government can also block access to websites/apps that provide “negative” content, including those that are critical of the government or promote “extremist” views.
- Internet service providers (ISPs) are required to implement DNS filtering and blocking at the request of the government.
These new internet restrictions were enacted in response to a number of recent high-profile cases involving the spread of “negative” content on social media, including hoaxes, fake news, and child pornography.
The Indonesian government has justified these new restrictions by saying that they are necessary to protect the public from harmful or offensive content. However, many critics argue that these internet censorship laws are a way for the government to crack down on dissent and stifle freedom of expression.
Regardless of your opinion on the matter, it is important to know how to bypass Indonesia’s internet restrictions if you want to keep your browsing habits private and get ahead of the censors.
How to bypass internet censorship in Indonesia?
Fortunately, there are several ways to get around Indonesia’s internet restrictions. Here are some of the most effective methods:
- Use a VPN: A virtual private network (VPN) is a tool that can encrypt your internet traffic and route it through a server in another country. This allows you to bypass internet censorship and access blocked websites/apps.
- Use a Proxy Server: A proxy server is another tool that can help you bypass internet censorship. Like a VPN, it will route your traffic through a server in another country. However, proxies are not as secure as VPNs and can be more easily detected by ISPs.
- Use TOR: Tor is free software that allows you to browse the internet anonymously. It routes your traffic through multiple servers, making it difficult for anyone to track your online activities.
Which method is the best for bypassing Indonesia’s Internet restrictions?
Now while all of the methods mentioned above can help you bypass internet censorship Indonesia, we believe that using a VPN is the best option. This is because VPNs are more secure and less likely to be detected by ISPs.
Also, while Tor is a great tool for anonymity, it can be slow and is often blocked by ISPs. So if you need a fast and reliable way to bypass internet restrictions in Indonesia, then we recommend using a VPN.
Of course, that does not mean that any VPN will do. Some VPNs are better than others in terms of speed, security, and privacy. So if you are looking for a VPN to use in Indonesia, then we recommend one like ClearVPN.
ClearVPN is a fast, secure, and reliable VPN service that can help you bypass internet censorship Indonesia and in other countries. It has robust anti-censorship technology and provides 24hr customer support in case you need help.
How to access blocked websites with VPN?
Now VPNs differ slightly in how they work, but most will require you to download and install a VPN app on your device. For this example, we’ll be referencing ClearVPN:
1. The first step is to log on to the ClearVPN website and sign up for an account. Note that you can start with a free account, but certain features will not be available until you upgrade to a premium account. To create an account, simply click on the “My Account” option on their homepage.
Once you have an account, download and install the VPN app on your device. If you’re on a PC or Mac, you can download the app directly from their website by clicking on the “Get ClearVPN button”.
For mobile devices, you’ll need to download the app from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
2. Once the app is installed, open it and log in with your account credentials. Then under Quick Shortcuts, click on the “Activate” button next to the “Browse securely & privately” option.
In other VPNs, they may refer to this as “connecting to a server” or “turning on the VPN”.
You should now be connected to a VPN server and all of your internet traffic will be encrypted. This means that you can bypass internet censorship and access any website or app that you want.
Note that you can also change your location by selecting a specific country to which you wish to connect to. This is useful when you want to access content that is only available in certain regions.
And that’s it! By following these steps, you can bypass internet restrictions in Indonesia and keep your browsing habits private. So if you’re in Indonesia or any other country with strict internet censorship, be sure to give ClearVPN a try.
What is blocked in Indonesia?
Internet censorship in Indonesia is focused on blocking access to websites that contain pornography, gambling, and other content deemed to be morally offensive or a threat to national security. In addition, the government has also blocked several news sites and social media platforms in an effort to control the spread of information.
Are VPNs legal in Indonesia?
Yes. VPNs are legal in Indonesia and there are no restrictions on using them. However, it is important to note that some VPNs may be blocked by the government. If you’re having trouble connecting to a VPN server, you can try using a different one.
Also keep in mind that while VPNs are legal in Indonesia, there are some activities that are still illegal even when using a VPN. These include accessing child pornography, gambling websites, and other content that is deemed to be morally offensive or a threat to national security.
How to access blocked websites in Indonesia?
You can bypass country restrictions by connecting to a VPN server in another country. This will allow you to access any website or app that is available in that country.